The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical! ..................................................................Julius Erving
Former STARZZ in college
...............AN ATHLETE'S PRAYER
I thank you, O God, for giving me a body which is specially fit and strong, and for making me able to use it well.
In my training, help me never to shirk the discipline which I know that I need and that I ought to accept.
In my leisure and in my pleasure, help me never to allow myself any indulgence which would make me less fit than I ought to be.
When I compete with others, help me, win or lose, to play fair. When I win, keep me from boasting. When I lose, keep me from making excuses.And help me always with good will to congratulate abetter player who beat me.
Help me so to live that I will always have a healthy body and a healthy mind
This I ask for your love=sake.
........... TEAM TEN COMMANDMENTS
The Team Can Make Adjustments When It Knows Where It Stands
1. There are no problems we cannot solve together, and very few that we can solve by ourselves.
2. The belief that one person can do something great is a myth.
3. Teamwork is birthed when you concentrate on “we” instead of “me.”
4. We should not only use all the brains we have, but all that we can borrow.
5. The goal is more important than the role.
6. If you think you are the entire picture you will never see the big picture.
7. If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.
8. Everybody on a championship team doesn’t get publicity, but everyone can say he’s a champion.
9. No one of us is more important than the rest of us.
10. When the team you have doesn’t match up to the team of your dreams, then you have only two choices and that’s give up your dream, or grow up your team.